What Are The Differences Between Internet Marketing And Digital Marketing?
While a lot of people are claiming that there is a big difference between Internet Marketing and Digital Marketing, the truth is that the principles are extremely similar. This is not to say that you can not be successful with both, but it will mean that you’ve got to be careful when deciding on which route to take. There are some differences that you might want to consider when you’re working with either one.
You see, web advertising techniques have a whole lot of similarities with Internet Marketing and they also have their own distinct advantages and disadvantages. For example, the principal difference between the two is that in Internet Marketing you don’t need to get involved with all facets of the Internet. All you will need to do is get the essential keywords on the top ten search engines and wait for the visitors to come in. As a result, there’s absolutely no need to become involved in any one area.
If you are new to the online business and want to market it on the web, then web marketing may be the way to go. The reason is that by simply putting in some keyword phrases on the top ten search engines you can start generating traffic in no time.
But with Internet Marketing, you cannot just promote one area and leave it at that. With this technique, you need to learn how to get more specific and targeted.
Here are some of the common marketing methods that are used in both Internet Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – This is the procedure by which the search engines determine the best places where to rank your site for the keywords you have chosen. Of course, you don’t have to be an expert in SEO to benefit from search engine rankings.
- Viral Campaigns – Viral campaigns are the promotional tools that you use to spread the word about your product. These can range from using e-mail, television, and print advertisements, to posting on social media sites. One of the most important things that you need to know about viral marketing is that there isn’t anyone ‘master’ that will make you rich overnight. You have to learn the techniques and skills that will permit you to get more exposure and build your company over time.
- Follow-up – As a guideline, there are three stages to a sales letter: the debut, the follow-up, and the closing. With viral marketing, the first two phases are only an initial sales pitch.
- Social Media Marketing – Social networking marketing is a common strategy that you can use to market your business on the web. You can use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and others to promote your website and market your services and products. The great thing about these online networks is that you have the ability to interact with your customers and you get direct feedback also.
- Link Building – This procedure is done through creating a link on related sites and sending traffic back to your website. With this process, you will have the ability to generate leads for your company as well as let people know that you’re available online.
- Email Marketing – This is where you can send out messages or newsletters to those who sign up for your list. Email marketing lets you bring your company online when keeping in contact with your clients and giving them the information that they need to hear.
There are other diverse areas that you want to be aware of if you want to be successful in any area of online marketing. You need to take note of these areas and implement them as you plan on succeeding in promoting your business.